BOOK - Swimming for Parents
Swimming for Parents will help parents of new swimmers, junior swimmers and age group swimmers to 18 years. It provides valuable information for parents of Club, District, State and National level swimmers.The number one question asked by swimming parents around the world is:
How can I help my child be the best swimmer they can possibly be?
You can go from being the new parent on the block, to knowing exactly what to say and do in a way that supports your child and helps them to excel in the sport of swimming.
- How many times each week should my child train?
- What is the most important aspect of swimming at a young age?
- What will my child learn in Advanced Lessons and early Junior Squads?
- How many competitions should my child take part in?
- What competitions should my child compete in?
- Is technique more important than laps swum?
- Should my child play other sports or focus on swimming?
- Why is that other child beating my child?
- What strokes or events should my child focus on?
- What will my child learn in a Junior Squad program?
- When should we take our holidays?
- It won’t affect performance if we take 2 weeks off, 10 weeks before Nationals will it?
- Should my child give up other sports?
- Why has my child stopped improving?
- Why has my daughter put on weight when she is training so much?
- What is the most important thing I can do to support my daughter during a time of Plataueing?
- When will my child swim well again?
- Should my child be doing dryland or gym workouts?
- What is the benefit of continuing swimming if they are not improving? ... and Much More!